Version History and program changes
- Removed support for Samsung TV 2013 and 2014.
- Added Animation Window box tool that simplifies moving, scaling, and ripple editing.
- You can display all profiler samples without filtering.
- You can view call stacks of native memory allocations.
- Added the new selection highlighting in the scene view.
- Spatial Sound support.
- You can launch Cacher Server function.
- Cubemap arrays are available.
- Added support for linear color space on Android and iOS.
- Added the new LookDev editor window.
- Added support for BC4,BC5,BC6,BC7 compressed texture formats, and RGBAHalf format.
- Trails, Lights, and Noise module have been added.
- Added new CapsuleColider2D.
- Various animation fixes.
- Added de-noising filter.
- Optional "Strict mode".
- Added Light Probe Proxy Volumes.
- GPU Instancing Support.
- Multithreaded rendering has been enhanced.
- Added support for Motion vector rendering.
- Added support for Texture Array.
- A 'useCloudCatalog' boolean has been added to UnityEngine.Purchasing.ConfigurationBuilder.
- Android support for IL2CPP is now official.
- Added support for iOS On Demand Resources initial install tags.
- The Transform component has been rewritten using SIMD and a cache-friendly data layout.
- Added new Trigger Modul for Particles.
- Various physics enhancements.
- GamePerf service integration.
- Improved ComputeShader.
- Added support for shader Uniform array.
- Added support for ProceduralMaterials on Windows Store/Phone platforms.
- Multi-device VR support.
- Oculus Support for DirectX 12.
- Included Oculus Spatializer.
- Native OpenVR support.
- Single-Pass Stereo Rendering has been optimized.
- Added speech recognition APIs under UnityEngine.Windows.Speech.
- Added support for G-Sync and FreeSync on Windows 10 on DirectX 11 (for the Windows Store player only) and DirectX 12 (for both the standalone player and the Windows Store player).
- Android texture streaming has been disabled.
- Implemented fast texture copies via Graphics.CopyTexture.
- Optimized texture/mesh loading times by using GPU copy queue.
- The cache server has been improved.
- Animation event performance has been improved.
- Added support for multi-display rendering.
- Added ability to hide the tetrahedron wireframe while editing light probe group.
- Various GL imprvements and optimizations.
- Various animation, asset, and bug fixes.
- A new asset information API was added.
- 'Require Extended Game Controller' option was added.
- Projector rendering fixes.
- The Canvas related crash was fixed.
- Tooltip test updates for Box Projection, Box Offset and Box Size.
- Substance assets processing was improved.
- A preview animation fixes.
- Fixed a deadlock when graphics jobs are enabled.
- An asset import crash was fixed.
- Screen.SetResolution now works correctly in fullscreen mode.
- For DirectX 11, Improved texture upload performance for compressed, floating point and RGBA32 formats.
- Instanced shaders on renderers don't cause an error.
- Ambient Obscurance and Camera Motion Blur effects were updated.
- Updated SDKs for Oculus, GearVR, and OpenVR.
- Windows Extension SDK references will now be automatically added to Assembly-CSharp projects.
- Fixed various crash bugs and animation issues.
- Fixed Editor's bugs.
- De-noising filter was added to baked final gather.
- Added Light Probe Proxy Volumes that allows you to use more than one light probe sample for large dynamic objects.
- GPU Instancing allows drawing a large amount of identical geometries with very few draw calls.
- Supports MeshRenderers.
- Graphics.DrawMesh command support.
- Multithreaded rendering was improved.
- Supports motion vector rendering.
- Supports Texture Array.
- Added a new trigger module.
- Physics enhancements.
- GamePerf service integration.
- Added support for the Uniform array.
- Speech recognition APIs was added for Windows platform.
- G-Sync and FreeSync are now supported on Windows 10 on DirectX 11.
- You can work with real-time global illumination in Windows 10 SDK.
- Stripping of symbols and debug info is now enabled by default for Android IL2CPP.
- Offset argument to AssetBundle.CreateFromFile and AssetBundle.LoadFromFile methods were added.
- Output the CRC value for the manifest asset bundle.
- Introduced AssetDatabase.GetAssetDependencyHash method which returns the hash of all the dependencies of an asset.
- ComputeBuffer now uses the same data layout as Direct3D.
- Cluster networking layer was improved.
- Added support for IPv6 networks in UdpClient.
- Added device support for iPhone SE and iPad Pro 9.7"
- Updated Oculus API.
- Fixed AAPT and AAR plugin errors.
- Fixed various crashes and instability issues.
- Updated SDK requirements for the Editor (Android).
- Added Android Marshmallow to the list of APIs.
- Various fixes for OpenGL Core.
- Various graphics and bug fixes.
- For Windows, added a new command line argument for standalone builds: -window-mode. Also, added -hideWindow command line option.
- For sprite changes, fixed memory leak.
- GIScene.Manager.Update was optimized.
- For Oculus SDK, GPU time is not wasted near green edges.
- A FreezeAndReleaseSourceData() method was added to the ProceduralMaterial class.
- Various fixes for Android and iOS.
- Removed warnings from generated C++ code when compiling with clang.
- New fonts and remote controller for Samrt TV.
- Improved compute shader import times, particularly on Windows.
- Added link to learn more about Unity Cloud Build in the Build Player window.
- Add Scene.GetRootGameObjects() to return the root game objects of the scene.
- Add SceneManager.CreateScene() API to allow creating new empty scene at runtime.
- Light probes and ambient (everything with SH calculations) match ground truth more closely now.
- Enable Dynamic GI.
- Optimize method prologues for code size and incremental builds.
- Applications that lost focus no longer throttle the CPU.
- Added support for Windows 10, Project Morpheus and Universal Windows Platform.
- Get access (without SDK) to Unity Ads, Unity Analytics, Unity Cloud Build and Unity Multiplayer.
- 2D editor improvements.
- Various bugs fixed.
- New networking API.
- Multiplayer Service with Matchmaker and Relay servers.
- New unified OpenGL rendering backend.
- Added integrated support for Oculus Rift.
- New HDR Color Picker.
- New runtime assertion library.
- New functional for Unity Analytics.
- There a lot of 2D physics improvements (smooth and natural).
- Added support for OpenGL ES 3.0.
- Added stereoscopic rendering for DirectX 11.
- All objects will instantiate way faster (faster scene loading).
- There is no more slowdown in importing of shader packs.
- You can drag and dropg 2D rigidbody objects.
- Improved API.
- Unity Remote improved.
- Use detailed textures without huge amounts of memory via Sparse Textures.
- Rapid repairs for mobile platforms.
- Many various bugs were fixed.