Version History and program changes
- You can select encoding for archived file names via "Name encoding" submenu.
- You can test .rev files with/without checking .rar volumes.
- WinRAR can remove dots and trailing spaces from file names when extracting (the option is turned off by default).
- Use Shift+Del to delete folders containing non-standard file names with trailing spaces and dots.
- Folders can be dragged from folder tree panel and dropped to other programs.
- Maximum comment length for RAR archives is increased from 64 to 256 KB.
- "New folder" button in extraction dialog proposes a new folder name based on archive name instead of generic "New Folder".
- Various improvements in 7z acrchives support.
- Various bug fixes.
- Optimized columns width in WinRAR file list.
- Fixed a font size issue.
- Interface improvements, as proper text alignment and correct buttons translations.
- Fixed problem with running LNK Files.
- Fixed DLL libraries loading issue.
- Added extraction of multi-part ZIP archives.
- Now you can extract multiple parts of archives with 00.1, 00.2, ..., extensions.
- Use mouse Back and Forward buttons or Alt+Left and Alt+Right keyboard shortcuts for navigation.
- You can pause SFX extraction and resume it later.
- Use "Skip encrypted" option to skip encrypted archives while searching.
- Archive test command works for TAR.BZ, TAR.GZ and TAR.XZ archives.
- Use console "I" and "V" commands to display file time in YYYY-MM-DD format.
- '*' symbol is allowed in RAR command line.
- Now you can add new string to WinRar diagnostic message window quickly. And it won't cause any errors.
- Various bug fixes.
- UAC promt is not needed anymore.
- Files' overwrite function could be used for other archive formats.
- Fixed bug with incorrect time displaying during convertation.
- If you don't want to skip symbolic links with absolute paths in link target when extracting, you should enable "Allow absolute paths in symbolic links" option.
- Now volume size equals to specified by user.
- WinRar.ini file will be copied to main program folder, if you will put ini and installation files in the same folder.
- You can now extract 7z split archives
- Extract ZIP and ZIPX archives via PPMd, LZMA and BZIP2 compression
- Improved default theme images
- Added support for AES-NI CPU instructions
- You can add environmental variables in "Files to add"
- Switch –ai works when creating archives