SONY Vega Pro is the powerful instrument designed for those people who have a fancy for video editing. If you want to make a high-quality video clip using advanced techniques and visual effects, then this program can be useful for you.
The program has a complicated interface. It’s not rather easy to understand how to make video if you are launching the editor in the first time. You may need some time to learn all functions of the program. Main buttons are on the top part of the screen. Tracks are on the lower part of the screen. And preview window is in the right corner, over the editing tool. The explorer is on the upper left hand corner. The explorer has 5 tabs: Project Media, Explorer, Transitions, Video FX and Media Generators. You can customize the interface as you want. Just remember that you can always return back any hidden menu object using View tab.
There is a new function – color selection for timelines. It’s useful when you need to sort out several types of media content. Now you can apply effects on video and audio timelines. You can use drag-and-drop to move your video into a timeline. Every track can be renamed.
You can work with SD, HD, 2K and 4K videos and import different types of media files. Every video project can be rendered in any popular format. You can adjust such parameters as FPS (frame per second) and scale of video.
You should know that modern versions of Vegas Pro have support only for 64-bit processors.
- 2 GHz multicore CPU.
- 64-bit operating system.
- 4 GB RAM (16 GB recommended for 4K).
- 1 GB hard-disk space.
- USB 2.0 connection.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
- Apple QuickTime 7.1.6 or above.
- OHCI-compatible IEEE-1394DV card (for DV and HDV capture and print-to-tape).
- Video card with 512 MB memory (1 GB recommended for 4K).
- Internent connection.
Limitations of trial version
- 30 days of trial period.
- Added NewBlueFX effects that offer stylish settings options for spectacular titles, dynamic captions, and impressive credits.
- ProDAD Mercalli V4 allows you to stabilize fisheye images and create smooth, stabilized videos.
- Added plug-in from Boris FX that seamlessly combines 2 clips and attach one to the motion of the other.
- 3D manipulation for text and logo objects.
- Create advanced 2D and 3D titles in a fraction of time.
- Advanced chroma keying with Boris FX BCC Key and Blend Unit.