Windows Live Movie Maker is an alternative redesigned version of standard Movie Maker. It has the same functions as original one. But the brand new interface and some useful options make a pretty good impression. It doesn’t take any effort to learn basics and start working with it.
There is new timeline track among key features of this refined version of the program. Visual effects and animations’ tabs were included with minor changes. Title editor was also refined. But now it looks more variable and flexible. You can mark start point and text duration, change a color of background or fonts and choose the animation of text appearing. Caption mode will allow you to make subtitles for all fragments. If you connect your webcam, then you can push «record» button to work with self-created video files.
Developers added Edit tab where you’ll find video and audio tools for more comfortable working. Split and Trim are still main instruments for editing as in original version. You can cut out any fragment if you’ll set up start and end points of trimming in Edit tab or in the context menu. If you want to make a musical clip, you should pay attention to fading sound options.
One of the most noticeable features is the saving files for web services and mobile devices. You can save your video to YouTube (5 types of resolutions) or iPhone/Android smartphones (just choose small, medium or large size).
Key features and functions
- Add music, pictures and video files for your project.
- Use custom AutoMovie themes.
- Add soundtrack for your video.
- A wide range of animations and video effects.
- Easy exporting.
- Work with titles, credits, and subtitles.
- CPU – 1,6 GHz or higher.
- Memory – 1 GB of RAM.
- Video card with DirectX 9.0 and Shader Model 2 support.
- Minimal resolution – 1024x576.
- You need an administrator account to install the program.
- To save video on web services, you need to create Microsoft account.