For gifs with small dimensions, Faststone seems to work fine. However, if the gif dimensions are larger than the screen size, the following problems occur:
- the gif will open, zoommed into the center
- changing the fit options settings does nothing (this is true even for smaller gif, however)
- if I try to zoom in or out, the directions are inverted (ie. if I press - it will zoom in and if I press + it will zoom out; if I navigate to a smaller gif, the uninverted effect will carry over)
- I cannot navigate/scroll within the large gif, ie. the arrow keys and mouse do nothing, the only way to view the rest of the gif is to zoom out
- once I zoom out of the large gif, there are many artifacts in the gif. The artifacts show up consistently as small black dots around the movement in the gif. Note that I have opened the same same gifs in Windows Photo Viewer and Firefox, which do not show these artifacts.