Caustic is an advanced audio editor that allows you to experiment with samples and sounds. This application has 14 machines that provide wide-range functionality. There are a variety of audio effects, synthesizers, mixer, song sequencer, equalizer, and limiter for your needs. The app can playback uncompressed WAV files (32-bit). Also, you can import projects and files from FL Studio. Many Android users think that it is one of the best apps for music creating on mobile phones or tablets.
The interface is similar to a professional synth. It is spat into sections. The program looks a little bit complicated at first glance. After launching, mini-tutorial will help you how to use basic functions and buttons of the app. Experiment with tabs and tools to learn and master your sound producer skills. If you want to know more about functionality, we can recommend you to watch tutorial videos on YouTube.
Despite the app distributes as free, it’s only a demo version with some restrictions. For example, you are able to export your projects in WAV, OGG, and MIDI formats. If you want to get this feature, you should purchase the full version.
Caustic has been made as for novice as for professionals. So, you shouldn’t be worried about your technical skills. If you are dreaming about a real DJ studio and you want to make awesome electro sounds, then this application could give you a lot of impressions and feelings. The program will help to create music on your own.
Key features and functions
- Mixer desk.
- A virtual subtractive synthesizer is available on your Android device.
- 8-band harmonic vocoder.
- External MIDI-controllers.
- 8-pads drum machine.
- Parametric equalizer and limiter included.
- Uncompressed WAV files support.
- 1 GHz ARM CPU.
- 800 x 480 resolution screen.
- Headphones or internal speakers.
Limitations of trial version
- Exporting function is available only in the paid version of the app.
- Added support for MIDI devices.
- Fixed an issue with multi-file ZIP import for PCMSynth.
- Fixed crashes.
- Fixed bug in SFZ import when exceeding the max number of samples.
- Fixed edge-cases bugs with note recording.
- Fixed an issue with loading screen colors.
- Fixed crash bug when changing octaves.
- Now WAV previews display correctly.