uTorrent is the simple and small BitTorrent protocol-based client with a convenient interface. It’s fast and easy to use. The program has many useful features, besides file downloading, as playing video in stream, remote functions, planning the schedule of working and others.
Peer-to-peer technology is the core of all the same programs. You can use default settings to start file’s downloading. The speed depends on amount of seeds and peers. The more people have the same files, the higher speed you will get during downloading session. Just add torrent-file from your disk or URL and watch the progress bar on main screen. There are different colors for marking the status of your downloading. You can set up priority and limit download or upload speed for all files in a row (Bandwidth Allocation option).
Remember, that sharing and downloading of copyrighted materials is illegal in many countries. But you can download free content. It’s not uncommon in nowadays, especially in video games, where developers can experiment with distribution model of their digital products. There are also free music and even free video content in Internet, which you can download legally via uTorrent.
This program would really help, if you need to download huge files. So you can push pause button and return later; downloading will proceed from the moment you have stopped it.
Key features and functions
- It takes a few of memory resources.
- Integrated RSS-feeds with subscribing option.
- Set up your language in preferences.
- You can create torrent-file and share it with friends.
- Customize and create your skins.
- There is support for magnet URI links.
- Support for DHT and Peer Exchange.
- Auto-adjust bandwidth usage.
- There is Find Content button. If you don’t choose content provider, you can use the standard BitTorrent and Mininova searching systems.
- You should work with TORRENT extension. Find these files and add them to your list.
- Be sure, that you have a firewall’s rule for uTorrent.
- Fixed an issue with the retrieving torrent state.
- Old BT Labs link from the help menu has been removed.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent Pro users from downgrading their license type.
- Restore default first startup view to the torrent list view.